Imagine a landscape so unique that astronauts are trained here for landing on planet Mars. This part of Utah has places that feel like you are on a different planet with large wilderness sections with unique colors, textures, and architecture. The region offers much to explore and photograph, from hidden canyons to rugged mountains, and spectacular rock formations that are strewn across the desert landscape. We hope to be in the desert at the time of the spring bloom as colors burst across the arid landscape against the backdrop of spectacular rock formations. We will be traveling to locations far from paved roads hidden in the heart of Utah. Our itinerary will be kept as flexible as possible as we chase the light and colors of this extraordinary place. We will be visiting during the forecasted peak of fall colors in the region as well so be prepared for this added burst of color!
- Dedicated instruction for both in-field and post processing techniques customized to meet individual goals.
- Small, personalized workshop
- Experience rich palettes as the desert becomes ablaze with color under the rising sun
- Capture insane textures and rock formations
- Learn composition techniques to transform your photos into compelling, creative, and engaging images
- Introduction to drone photography, assistance with drone setup and if it’s your first time or in-field instruction for how to fly one and use this new tool for photography
- 5 day workshop with 4 nights accommodation
- Transportation during the workshop in a comfortable vehicle with ample room for you and your photography gear
- Exclusive VIP and Global Elite Photographer swag
- Disposable masks and hand sanitizer availability for all participants during the duration of the workshop
- Award-winning, professional Photo Guides who will provide a combination of instruction and in-field guidance
- Image review session with Photo Guides
- Permits for parks/monuments
- Access to exclusive discounts on gear from our partner
- Flights or car transportation to and from Hanksville
- Food and beverages
- Items of a personal nature including (but not limited to) laundry services, clothing, Wi-Fi, email or phone charges
- Gratuities for Photo Guides, local guides and/or drivers
Landscape photography is not without risk. Wind, rain, snow, mud, and the terrain are real dangers when photographing on location. You are expected to follow instructions to ensure you are kept safe and out of harm’s way.
You must advise Viking International Phototours at the time of booking and in writing of any illness, injury, or pre-existing medical conditions that might reasonably be expected to affect your attendance and participation during the workshop.
Our workshop's itinerary is subject to change at the discretion of our Photo Guides depending on factors including but not limited to weather, road conditions, transportation delays, and other factors beyond our control. We will check the weather forecasts and road conditions and plan our day to optimize shooting conditions.
We cannot guarantee that we will be able to visit all the locations on the itinerary.
Please be aware that cell/mobile reception is intermittent throughout parts of the Southwest US. You can expect to be offline at times.
In the event of an emergency, our Guides are First-Aid, CPR/AED, and Wilderness trained and certified by the Red Cross. They will carry a satellite beacon, which allows them access to emergency services if there is no cell service available.
There are drone-friendly places in South West US, so if you own a drone, you are welcome to bring it along to the workshop.
Please note that you are solely responsible for your equipment and are expected to adhere to all rules and regulations specified by the Federal Aviation Administration (which can be accessed here) and any other applicable state, park, and monument-specific regulations.
Viking International Phototours and our Photo Guides will not be liable for any injury or damage caused to equipment, environment, or people caused by you operating your drone during our workshop.
Please refer to the Booking Terms and Conditions.
Booking with Viking International Phototours indicates acceptance of the Booking Terms and Conditions as outlined.