Death Valley by Night
Are you interested in astrophotography but hesitant to try it on your own? Are Milky Way shots on your bucketlist but you don’t know where to start or what gear to use? Are you ready to chase sunsets and sunrises with our creative masters?
Embark on an astrophotography-focused adventure with Stan Moniz and be captivated by the splendor of capturing the night skies, fiery sunsets, and sunrises of Death Valley National Park!
- A focus on Golden Hour and Astrophotography
- Capturing sharp, creative compositions of the Milky Way in the epic landscapes of Death Valley
- Mastering new skills such as how to use an astro/sky tracker, take consecutive exposures to stack as a single star trail image OR photographing star trails in one exposure only
- Learning composition techniques to transform your landscape and astrophotography photos into compelling, creative, and engaging images such as the use of lighting to enhance your night photos
- Mastering the use of filters for use in landscape photography
- 3-day workshop with an award-winning, professional Photo Guide who will provide a combination of instruction and in-field guidance
- Post-processing sessions with Photo Guide
- Access to exclusive discounts on gear from our partners
- Travel to and from Death Valley (Furnace Creek)
- Transportation is not included during this workshop
- Food and beverages
- Items of a personal nature including (but not limited to) laundry services, clothing, Wi-Fi, email or phone charges
- Gratuities for Photo Guides, local guides and/or drivers
Death Valley is one of the few locations in the United States that has received the distinction as a Gold Tier Dark Sky Park by The International Dark-Sky Association, making it one of the best star-gazing spots in the world.
We will enjoy 3 days and 2 nights chasing sunsets as well as observing and capturing the celestial bodies visible to us.
Our main goal is to ensure that our participants have sufficient opportunities to photograph Death Valley’s vivid sunsets as well as its night skies. Our VIP photo guide will adjust the workshop itinerary based on astronomical opportunities as well as the weather forecast. He will fine-tune the daily destinations and timing each day according to the weather, sunset, astro and weather forecasts, PhotoPills, and other apps that assist our master photographers in planning out where the best opportunities to capture winter light will be.
In addition to countless shooting opportunities, our teaching focus will be on Astrophotography (star trails, light painting, and milky way), composition and post-processing as well as gear review and equipment advice.
Accommodations are not included in the workshop fee.
You will be expected to follow instructions to ensure you are kept safe and out of harms way.
You must also advise Viking International Phototours in advance and in writing of any illness, injury or pre-existing medical conditions that might reasonably be expected to affect your attendance and participation during the workshop.
The itinerary for our workshop is subject to change at the discretion of our Photo Guides depending on the weather, which can be highly unpredictable. We will check the weather forecasts and road conditions and plan our day to optimize shooting conditions. We cannot guarantee that we will be able to visit all the locations on the itinerary.
A recommended list of gear will be sent out as soon as you book to give you ample time to prepare for your adventure.
Please refer to the Booking Terms and Conditions.
Booking with Viking International Phototours indicates acceptance of the Booking Terms and Conditions as outlined.