Hidden Gems of Indonesia
We will be spending 4 days focused on capturing Bali’s landscapes and another 4 days in Java, Bromo, and Sumba Island. This includes multiple iconic locations as well as some hidden gems off the beaten path. The exact itinerary will be shared upon registration to protect the places we take our clients and maintain these locales’ exclusive nature. We will be working with local guides who are natives of Indonesia with extensive knowledge of the local geography.
Each day will comprise of a sunrise and sunset shoot as well as mid-day shoots and post-processing instruction. Given the small group, there will be plenty of opportunities to work on individual goals both in the field and during the post-processing sessions and come away with a collection of compelling images that are reflective of your individual creative vision. This is an all-inclusive trip and includes transportation from the airport, accommodations, meals, and domestic transportation.
- Improve your Landscape and Golden Hour photography skills
- Experience the majestic grandeur of Indonesia’s temples and unique heritage as well as it’s stunning scenery
- Photograph the dancing Sumba trees
- Learn composition techniques to transform your photos into compelling, creative, and engaging images
- Guaranteed small guide to client ratio of 1:4
- A small workshop to ensure your experience is truly personal, and you get to know your guide and fellow photographers
- 8 day workshop with 7 nights accommodation
- Transportation during the workshop in a comfortable vehicle with ample room for you and your photography gear
- All food and drinks
- Exclusive VIP and Global Elite Photographer swag
- Disposable masks and hand sanitizer availability for all participants during the duration of the workshop
- Award-winning, professional Photo Guides who will provide a combination of instruction and in-field guidance
- Image review session with Photo Guides
- Permits for parks/monuments
- Access to exclusive discounts on gear from our partner
- Flights to Indonesia
- Visa fees
- Items of a personal nature including (but not limited to) laundry services, clothing, Wi-Fi, email or phone charges
- Gratuities for Photo Guides, local guides and/or drivers
Landscape photography is not without risk. Wind, rain, mud, and the terrain are real dangers when photographing on location. You are expected to follow instructions to ensure you are kept safe and out of harm’s way.
You must advise Viking International Phototours at the time of booking and in writing of any illness, injury, or pre-existing medical conditions that might reasonably be expected to affect your attendance and participation during the workshop.
Our workshop's itinerary is subject to change at the discretion of our Photo Guides depending on factors including but not limited to weather, road conditions, transportation delays, and other factors beyond our control. We will check the weather forecasts and road conditions and plan our day to optimize shooting conditions.
We cannot guarantee that we will be able to visit all the locations on the itinerary.
Please be aware that cell/mobile reception is intermittent throughout parts of Indonesia. You can expect to be offline at times.
In the event of an emergency, our Guides are First-Aid, CPR/AED, and Wilderness trained and certified by the Red Cross. They will carry a satellite beacon, which allows them access to emergency services if there is no cell service available.
There are drone-friendly places in Indonesia, so if you own a drone, you are welcome to bring it along to the workshop.
Please note that you are solely responsible for your equipment and are expected to adhere to all rules and regulations specified by the Federal Aviation Administration (which can be accessed here) and any other applicable state, park, and monument-specific regulations.
Viking International Phototours and our Photo Guides will not be liable for any injury or damage caused to equipment, environment, or people caused by you operating your drone during our workshop.
Please refer to the Booking Terms and Conditions.
Booking with Viking International Phototours indicates acceptance of the Booking Terms and Conditions as outlined.