5 Day Photography Workshop in France: From City to Coast
From the enchanting city of Paris to the breathtaking coastline of Normandy, this photography workshop will cover some of the most photogenic sites in France.
Join us as we roam the streets of Paris in spring, visit quaint seaside towns and explore the dynamic coastline with its incredible rock formations and historical landmarks.
Whether you’re an experienced, amateur or beginner photographer, you will add to your portfolio with an incredible array of images, learning composition techniques with the assistance of an award-winning photo guide in this unique workshop.
Package this together with our Netherlands: A World of Colors photography workshop beginning 20 April 2021 for a reduced price.
- A focus on travel, nature, architecture and landscape photography
- Capturing famous Paris landmarks including Eiffel Tower and the Louvre
- Experiencing the spectacular spring tide event at Mont Saint Michel
- The dramatic white cliffs of Étretat
- Learning advanced photography techniques to make the most of lighting and locations such as bracketing, focus stacking and long exposures
- A small workshop of maximum 6 people so your experience is truly personal, and you get to know your guide
- Capturing a diverse portfolio of images of France in the Spring – one of its most picturesque seasons
A 3% charge is added using this service. Please contact us if you prefer other payment options.
- 5-day workshop with 4 nights accommodation double occupancy in hotels
- Award-winning, professional Photo Guide who will provide a combination of instruction, masterclasses and in-field guidance
- Transportation during the workshop in a comfortable vehicle with ample room for you and your photography gear
- Breakfasts at the hotels during the workshop
- Entrance fees to monuments/photo locations included in itinerary
- Post-processing sessions with Photo Guide
- Travel to starting place of workshop in Paris
- Travel from ending place of workshop in Paris
- Single room supplement (contact us for price)
- Food and beverages (other than breakfasts)
- Admission fees to attractions not listed as part of workshop itinerary
- Items of a personal nature including (but not limited to) laundry services, clothing, WI-FI, email or phone charges
- Gratuities for Photo Guides, local guides and/or drivers
Day 1 – Paris
Our workshop will start in Paris.
After meeting our guide in the morning, we will spend the day wandering the cobblestone streets and along the Seine, capturing the city’s beautiful sites in spring.
We will photograph the gothic architecture, spring blossoms, and iconic Parisian landmarks such as the incredible Arc de Triumph, the glass pyramid of the Louvre sparkling in the sunlight, and Pont Alexandre III bridge with its array of ornate sculptures including lions, nymphs, sea monsters, and gilt winged horses.
We will finish our day with a sunset shoot of the Eiffel Tower.
Day 2 – Étretat
We begin early with a sunrise shoot at a location that offers one of the most spectacular views of the Eiffel Tower.
Following breakfast, we will make our way out of the city and travel to Étretat on the Alabaster Coast, where rugged chalk cliffs tower over the Atlantic Ocean.
In this photographer’s paradise, nature has carved magnificent arches and an incredible needle-like formation that rises 70 meters above the waves. We will spend sunset here before settling in for the night at the quaint seaside town.
Day 3 – Normandy Coast
We will start early for a sunrise shoot back at the Étretat cliffs before continuing our journey along the coast to Mont Saint Michel – the breathtaking UNESCO World Heritage Site with its medieval town and Abbey perched high upon a rocky island.
The highest tides in Europe occur here – a few times each year, the water rushes into the bay at incredible speeds reaching heights up to 13 meters, transforming Mont Saint Michel into an island.
Our workshop coincides with this spring tide, and so we will spend the afternoon here, capturing this stunning landmark from the best vantage points as the tide starts to comes in.
It is sure to be an unforgettable sunset and twilight shoot!
Accommodations: Mont Saint Michel
Day 4 – Mont Saint Michel
We will begin our day with a photoshoot that is sure to be spectacular – capturing the sunrise at Mont Saint Michel.
The spring tide will return to fill the bay early in the morning and recede a few hours later. We will photograph Mont Saint Michel from all possible angles to capture this phenomenon.
After lunch, we will travel to the nearby walled city of Saint-Malo. The incredible spring tides of Mont Saint Michel also reach this historic city. However, the effects are even more exaggerated here – while the waters around Mont Saint Michel remain flat during the high tide, in Saint-Malo they unleash! You will be awestruck by the power and height of the waves as they crash over the ramparts and sea walls.
Accommodations: Mont Saint Michel
Day 5 – Return to Paris
Our last sunrise will be back at Mont Saint Michel, ensuring everyone has an opportunity to shoot this iconic location from different viewpoints and compositions.
We will then make our way back to Paris, stopping along the way in Honfleur to photograph the old harbor lined with colorful slate-roofed houses and fishing boats.
We will conclude our workshop in the afternoon where you can choose to fly home or spend some extra time in the city.
We will then make our way back to Paris in the afternoon to the final drop-off location where you can choose to fly home or spend some extra time in the city. Alternatively, you may wish to continue your journey on to Amsterdam to join our World of Colors photography workshop beginning 20 April 2020.
We will be staying in clean, comfortable hotels throughout this trip. Hotel accommodations will include breakfast and pricing is based on double occupancy.
Mild to moderate hiking is required to reach some locations.
Our workshop guides are Red Cross CPR and First Aid certified, and we carry a two-way satellite communicator and beacon for emergencies.
Please refer to the terms & conditions before booking this workshop.