We bring you the very best of what Tanzania has to offer with a safari that includes a huge variety of photographic locations. From magnificent plains of Arusha to Ngorongoro, we offer some of the most diverse and breathtaking scenery on the planet. Under the guidance of 3 award-winning photo guides, you will get a chance to shoot various locations that provide your portfolio with a dynamic array of amazing landscapes and stunning wildlife. This unique workshop offers a packed, well-planned itinerary and with only 4 clients per guide, we guarantee that you will get the most of your visit in Tanzania!
- Serengeti National Park
- Arusha National Park
- Lake Manyara National Park
- Ngorongoro Conservation Area
- Visit to a Masai Village
- Combination of 4 wheel drive and walking safaris
- Comfortable accommodation with all meals and transportation included
- Small groups of 4 clients per photoguide/Safari vehicle
- Photo editing sessions lead by our award winning photographer guides
A 3% charge is added using this service. Please contact us if you prefer other payment options.
- Luxury hotel and lodge accommodations: prices are based on double occupancy rates
- Transportation during the workshop in 4-wheel drive off-road Land Cruisers
- Entrance fees and permits to the parks and protected areas
- Full board and premium packed lunch will be available when lunch is not at the lodge. Note however that alcoholic beverages are NOT included.
- 3 Award-Winning professional photography guides (4 clients per guide)
- Post-processing and editing sessions
- Bottled water, snacks, coffee and WiFi
- International airfare
- Visa and travel fees (if needed)
- Medical expenses (travel/medical insurance highly recommended)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Gratuities for photographer guides, local guides and/or drivers
- Anything else not stated in the inclusive section
Day 1 – Oct 3, 2021
You’ll be welcomed at the airport by our driver and guides, who will be with you for the entire holiday. We will transfer to the hotel in Arusha, which is about an hour drive from the airport. It is a perfect time to relax after the long flight until about 6 pm. We will meet for the welcome dinner and meet the group afterwards for gear review.
Accommodations: Mount Meru Hotel or similar
Day 2 – Oct 4, 2021
Arusha National Park
Accommodations: Mount Meru Hotel or similar
Day 3 – Oct 5, 2021
Lake Manyara National Park
Lake Manyara is also an excellent spot for birdwatching, thanks to the presence of a wider variety of birds. Be prepared to photograph many pink flamingoes, herons and pelicans along the lake shore.
A packed lunch will be available at noon. Once the photo safari is over, we will head back to the lodge where dinner will be served.
Accommodations: Kitela Lodge or Tloma Lodge
Day 4 to 6 – Oct 6-8, 2021
Serengeti National Park
A packed lunch will be available at noon. Once the photo safari is over, we will head back to the lodge where dinner will be served. An editing session and lecture will follow if time permits after the sunset shoot and dinner.
Accommodations: Serengeti Serena Lodge or similar
Day 7 – Oct 9, 2021
Ngorongoro Conservation Area
A packed lunch will be available at noon.
In the afternoon before the pack closes, we will head back to the lodge where dinner will be served. We will meet for our final editing session after catching the sunset close to the lodge.
Accomodations: Kitela Lodge or similar
Day 8 – Oct 10, 2021
Without a doubt, our last day in Tanzania will be bitter-sweet. We will be heading home with plenty of happy memories and memory cards full of amazing shots.
We will be staying in clean, comfortable hotels and lodges throughout this trip. Pricing is based on double room occupancy. Please let us know if you are willing to share a room with another participant to get discounted pricing on hotel rooms.
Currently, no compulsory vaccinations are required to visit Tanzania, however vaccination against yellow fever becomes obligatory if you’re coming from, or have simply passed through endemic countries (Uganda, Kenya, etc.). Vaccination is not necessary for those travelers who have only passed through an African airport for a connection flight (except in endemic countries where, as just said, vaccination is absolutely necessary independently of the amount of time spent there).
As to malaria, hereunder is some advice to avoid getting the disease, which is caused by the bite of the anopheles mosquito.
- Wear long trousers and long-sleeved shirts in neutral, bright colors
- Use repellents on clothes and all exposed parts of the body
- Spray mosquito repellent in the room
- Use mosquito nets in the room for protection during sleep
- Before departure, consider malaria prophylaxis by seeing a specialist in travel medicine. Side effects and strength of the vaccine are to be carefully considered, since they may vary greatly from person to person. In this respect, refer to one’s local public health unit for advice.
Advisable, but not obligatory, are vaccinations against Hepatitis B and trivalent vaccine against polio, tetanus and diphtheria.
Here is some general information which can come in handy but by no means replace medical advice:
- Always carry the necessary medicines in their original packages, in a double amount than needed in order to allow for losses of theft
- If you carry needles of syringes, keep at hand the medical prescription of the drug you need so that you can prove necessity
- If you suffer from heart disorders, it is advisable to carry a copy of your latest electrocardiogram (ECG) done before departure
In addition, we recommend carrying a small first-aid box containing:
- Paracetamol, aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs (Anvil)
- Antihistamines to treat allergies
- Airsick, carsick and seasick pills
- Broad-spectrum antibiotics
- Medication for diarrhea
- Anti-vomit medicine
- Antispasmodic pills against abdominal pain
- Antiacid pills for the treatment of heartburn and acid belching
- Intestinal antibiotics
- Antihistamine cream to alleviate skin rash and itching from insect bites
- Digital thermometer
- High-concentration KBR or DEET-based insect repellents (low-concentration ones for children)
- High protection sun-screen
- As a general rule, hands should be washed frequently and only bottled water should be drunk, checking the integrity of the bottles first
All our cars are fitted with a first-aid cabinet and the lodges we have selected have all western-like health and hygiene standards.
You will be expected to follow safety instructions to ensure you are kept safe and out of harm’s way. Our guides are Red Cross certified for CPR and First Aid. All our vehicles are equipped with a first-aid kit and GPS-enabled satellite beacons for emergencies.
Due to the unpredictability of the weather, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to visit all the locations on the itinerary. Changes may be made at the lead guide’s discretion to accommodate best shooting conditions based on the weather forecast for the week.
Since this workshop is focused on landscape photography and ensuring you get the best possible photos for your portfolio, we will aim to shoot most locations in the best light, which is at sunrise and sunset.