France: From City to Coast
From the enchanting city of Paris to the breathtaking coastline of Normandy, this photography workshop will cover some of the most photogenic sites in France.
Join us as we roam the streets of Paris in spring, visit quaint seaside towns and explore the dynamic coastline with its incredible rock formations and historical landmarks.
Whether you’re an experienced, amateur or beginner photographer, you will add to your portfolio with an incredible array of images, learning composition techniques with the assistance of an award-winning photo guide in this unique workshop.
Package this together with our Netherlands: A World of Colors photography workshop beginning 11 April 2021 for a reduced price.
- A focus on travel, nature, architecture and landscape photography
- Capturing famous Paris landmarks including Eiffel Tower and the Louvre
- Experiencing the spectacular spring tide event at Mont Saint Michel
- The dramatic white cliffs of Étretat
- Learning advanced photography techniques to make the most of lighting and locations such as bracketing, focus stacking and long exposures
- A small workshop of maximum 6 people so your experience is truly personal, and you get to know your guide
- Capturing a diverse portfolio of images of France in the Spring – one of its most picturesque seasons
A 3% charge is added using this service. Please contact us if you prefer other payment options.
- 5-day workshop with 4 nights accommodation double occupancy in hotels
- Award-winning, professional Photo Guide who will provide a combination of instruction, masterclasses and in-field guidance
- Transportation during the workshop in a comfortable vehicle with ample room for you and your photography gear
- Breakfasts at the hotels during the workshop
- Entrance fees to monuments/photo locations included in itinerary
- Post-processing sessions with Photo Guide
- Travel to starting place of workshop in Paris
- Travel from ending place of workshop in Paris
- Single room supplement (contact us for price)
- Food and beverages (other than breakfasts)
- Admission fees to attractions not listed as part of workshop itinerary
- Items of a personal nature including (but not limited to) laundry services, clothing, WI-FI, email or phone charges
- Gratuities for Photo Guides, local guides and/or drivers
Day 1 – Paris
The workshop starts in the capital city of Paris.
After meeting our guide in the morning, we will spend our first day wandering the cobblestone streets of the city’s left bank and along the Seine for an array of photo opportunities including the magnificent Notre Dame cathedral, the incredible Sainte Chapelle with its 1,000 exquisite stained-glass windows that light up in the sunlight, and some lesser-known gems.
There will be free time in the afternoon to explore the city at your leisure before we meet again to finish our day with a sunset shoot of the Eiffel Tower.
Day 2 – Paris
We begin the day early with a sunrise shoot at a location that offers one of the most spectacular views of the Eiffel Tower.
Paris is magical in the spring – the days are longer, the temperatures are milder, and the trees are filled with blossoms. We will roam the city photographing the magnolias and cherry blossoms against the backdrop of gothic architecture and Parisian landmarks.
There will be free time in the afternoon to relax or visit one of Paris’s many attractions before meeting the group again for a sunset shoot of the famous Louvre Pyramid.
We will then make our way back to the hotel as the ‘City of Lights’ awakens, finishing our incredible day with an opportunity for long exposures of the passing boats on the Seine and the glowing lamps along the many bridges.
Day 3 – Normandy Coast
Today we travel to the Normandy coast.
Once we leave the capital behind, our first destination will be Jumièges Abbey, a 7th Century monastery often described as the most beautiful ruin in all of France. Set amid parklands on the Seine, this historic landmark stands an impressive 46 metres high, with its soaring vaults now open to the skies.
Our final stop of the day will be Étretat on the Alabaster Coast, where rugged, chalk cliffs tower over the Atlantic Ocean. In this photographer’s paradise, nature has carved magnificent arches and an incredible needle-like formation that rises 70 metres above the waves. We will spend sunset here before settling in for the night at the quaint seaside town.
Day 4 – Mont Saint Michel
We will start early for a sunrise shoot back at the Étretat cliffs before continuing our journey along the coast, stopping in Honfleur to photograph the old harbour lined with colourful slate-roofed houses and fishing boats.
Afterwards we travel to Mont Saint Michel – the breathtaking UNESCO World Heritage Site with its medieval town and Abbey perched high upon a rocky island. We will spend the afternoon here so that we can capture this stunning landmark from the best vantage points.
There will be free time in the afternoon to relax or wander through the medieval town before meeting the group again for an unforgettable sunset and twilight shoot.
Accommodations: Mont Saint Michel
Day 5 – Mont Saint Michel
This will be our last day together – but we may have just saved the best for last.
We will begin our day capturing the sunrise at Mont Saint Michel before heading out after breakfast for our final photoshoot which is sure to be spectacular.
The highest tides in Europe occur here, and a few times each year the water rushes into the bay at incredible speeds reaching levels up to 13 meters, transforming Mont Saint Michel into an island.
Our workshop coincides with this spring tide, and so we will spend our time photographing Mont Saint Michel from all possible angles to capture this phenomenon.
We will then make our way back to Paris in the afternoon to the final drop-off location where you can choose to fly home or spend some extra time in the city. Alternatively, you may wish to continue your journey on to Amsterdam to join our World of Colors photography workshop beginning 11 April 2020.
We will be staying in clean, comfortable hotels throughout this trip. Hotel accommodations will include breakfast and pricing is based on double occupancy.
Mild to moderate hiking is required to reach some locations.
Our workshop guides are Red Cross CPR and First Aid certified, and we carry a two-way satellite communicator and beacon for emergencies.
Please refer to the terms & conditions before booking this workshop.