It was last updated on 29 April 2023.
What Information Do We Collect?
We collect four types of information from you via our website located at www.viking-international-phototours.com, email, and through our Third-Party Service Providers, Distribution Partners, and Affiliates:
1. Personally Identifiable Information
Personally Identifiable Information is non-public information that identifies you personally.
To purchase our products or services, it is necessary for you to disclose certain Personally Identifiable Information, which can include your name, billing and shipping addresses, email address, phone number, passport details, credit card details, insurance information, emergency contacts, and other demographic information such as your age and gender.
If you subscribe to our email marketing communications, it is necessary for you to disclose Personally Identifiable Information such as your name and email address.
Generally, you control the amount and type of Personally Identifiable Information you provide to us. You are under no obligation to provide us with Personally Identifiable Information, however, your refusal to do so may prevent you from using certain features of our website and limit access to our products or services.
Viking International Phototours will not be held liable for any expenses incurred by you in relation to an amended or canceled product or service request due to failure to provide the information we require.
2. Non-Personal Information
Non-Personal Information is extra information we collect that does not identify you personally such as gender, medical conditions, physical fitness level, occupancy preference, and country of residence.
3. Computer Information
When you visit our website, our web server automatically collects certain Computer Information by the interaction of your web browser or mobile phone with our website. Such Computer Information is typically considered Non-Personal Information – it does not personally identify you.
This information includes the IP address of your computer/proxy server that you use to access the Internet, your internet provider name, web browser type, and type of mobile device or computer operating system. It also collects the name of the website from which you entered our website as well as the name of the website you access when you leave our website.
4. Financial Information
Financial Information is data related to the payment method you provide when purchasing/ordering one of our products or services, which can include your credit/debit card number, card brand, and expiration date.
How We Use Your Information
We use your Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personal Information to:
- Respond with information you request about our products and services
- Confirm, fulfill, and manage purchases, orders, payments, and other transactions
- Email you regarding your purchases and orders
- Fulfill your bookings and orders
- Ensure you are correctly billed
- Send you marketing emails
- Analyze and improve our website, products, and services (Non-Personal Information only).
We use your Computer Information to:
- Monitor and analyze the performance and usability of our websites such as pages that have been visited to improve your experience, our products, and services
- Increase the efficiency and operation of our website
- Deliver targeted advertising to you including new products/services, information, and recommendations
- Measure the performance and effectiveness of our advertisements.
We use your Financial Information to:
- Process payments and refunds
- Fulfill your bookings and orders with payment processors.
How We Disclose Your Information
We may share information we have collected about you in certain situations as follows:
1. To Third Parties to perform services for Us or on Our Behalf
Some of the Personally Identifiable Information, Non-Personal Information, and Financial Information we collect is shared with Third-Party Service Providers, Distribution Partners, and Affiliates that perform services for us or on our behalf.
This includes for the purpose of payment processing, email delivery, and customer services to fulfill any product or service purchase you have made from us.
We only provide the Personally Identifiable Information and Financial Information that is necessary. We will not sell, rent, or otherwise provide your Personally Identifiable Information to Third Parties for marketing purposes unless otherwise indicated clearly at signup.
Computer Information such as cookies is used by Third-Party tracking tools such as Google Analytics to inform, optimize and serve advertisements to you based on your past visits to our website, and measure the performance and effectiveness of our advertisements.
You can opt-out of receiving these advertisements by visiting the Google Ads Settings page.
Third Parties may have privacy policies that differ from ours or may operate in countries or states that do not have laws or regulations for the protection and safeguarding of Personally Identifiable Information and Financial Information. We are not responsible for the privacy policies of any Third-Party, or how they use and protect that information.
We will rely on you to inform us if your privacy is not being adequately protected and may then take steps to help prevent other occurrences.
2. To Third Parties for Advertising
3. To Third Parties for Email/Marketing Communications
With your consent, some of the Personally Identifiable Information we collect such as your name and email address is shared with third parties such as MailChimp for the purpose of sending emails with information about new workshops, deals, and other special promotions that we believe that you will find valuable, interesting, or informative.
If you are no longer interested in receiving future email marketing communications from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org and requesting to be unsubscribed by including your name, email address, and the words “unsubscribe” in the subject or message body.
Please note that even if you opt-out of receiving future marketing communications from us, we will continue to send to you emails regarding your purchases and bookings.
4. For Legal Reasons or to Protect Rights
We may use or disclose information about you as we believe to be necessary or appropriate if such disclosure is necessary to:
- Respond to subpoena, law, or other legal processes, including those outside your country of residence
- Assist law enforcement officials, public or government authorities, including from those outside your country of residence
- Investigate violations of or otherwise enforce our terms and conditions
- Allow us to pursue available remedies or limit damages that we may sustain from legal action or claims
- Protect the legal rights, operations, privacy, property, or safety of Viking International Phototours, and that of our Users, employees Third Party Service Providers, Distribution Partners, and Affiliates.
Information from Other Websites and Social Networking Sites
You access these linked websites at your own risk. Before visiting any third-party websites, you are encouraged to review their Privacy Policies and contact them directly with your questions.
Personally Identifiable Information about you from social networking sites (such as Facebook and Instagram) including but not limited to your name, location, gender, birth date, and profile picture, may be shared with us through activities undertaken by you or others on those sites
If you wish to prevent us from collecting that information, please review your privacy settings through those social media sites.
Policy for Children
We do not knowingly solicit information from or market to children under the age of 13.
Visitors under the age of 13 are required to obtain an adult’s permission before submitting any personal information to us and through our website. If you become aware of information we have collected from children under the age of 13, please contact us using the contact information below.
Our contact information
For further information, contact us at email@example.com.